What you need to know about your local removals insurance

Any removal company operating in Australia cannot arrange or advise on any form of insurance cover unless they hold an Australian Financial Services licence or they are an authorised representative of a licensee.
This is designed to protect the consumer from false representation of insurance cover
when they are using a professional removalist.
Even though our removalists take a great deal of care with your furniture, accidents can happen both when handling your furniture and during transportation. We recommend that if you have items that you would like to insure, you need to organise this with an insurance broker. The following is a link to an insurance broker that can offer you removal insurance:
If you have been offered insurance by a removalist without them referring you to a licensed broker, even if it is “free transit insurance”, you can see if they are an authorised representative of a licensee by looking for their name on the Australian Securities & Investments Commission website:
Remember this:
If it’s not real insurance, it’s not worth anything!